WePress is looking for a Programming and Managing Director who will:
- Be committed to honouring and upholding the core values and positive impact of WePress;
- Develop a way of operating that draws on the input, desires, and wishes of communities served by WePress;
- Maintain existing relationships with other Downtown Eastside (DTES) and Chinatown organizations in the collective effort toward broader decolonization of the neighbourhood and systems change;
- Establish the administrative and organizational supports required to ensure that staff have the capacity to serve our art-making communities for the long-term. By creating a more solid organizational structure and implementing processes and policies to support better conflict resolution and accountability, the PMD will help meet the needs of staff and minimize burnout and turnover; and
- Dream big for DTES artists – create and implement arts and culture programming in collaboration with equity-denied artists – especially artists who consider concepts of community care in their work, who make work that challenges or dismantles colonial systems, whose work or livelihood is deeply impacted by intersecting systems of oppression and exclusion, and/or who are otherwise underrepresented (emerging and/or marginalized artists).
Please see the full job description here.
We will be accepting applications until Friday, May 26th, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Thanks!