Welcome to WePress, a community artspace in the Downtown Eastside (DTES) of Vancouver, BC, Canada on the occupied and unceded territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səl̓il̓wətaʔł (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. WePress is a small, collectively-run non-profit that opened on February 8th, 2016.
WePress offers historic and contemporary methods of print- and art-making in a safe and welcoming space, particularly to those marginalized by systems of class, sexuality, gender, race, culture, disability, mental health, addictions, and colonization. We seek to support them to voice their stories, lived experience, and dreams, and to build community capacity and resilience through art-making.
We’d like to thank:
- the Community Arts Council of Vancouver for being a partner in our first year and for selling the Woodward’s letterpress and type collection to WePress for $1!
- the Vancouver Foundation, who funded the start-up of WePress and currently funds our operations
- Tinkerine, who sponsored us through a discount on our first 3D printer
- our partners, the Powell Street Festival Society and Gallery Gachet
- all of our current and past funders, sponsors, and supporters
- and of course, all of you WePress supporters who take our workshops and come to our events!
Please join our email list to receive the latest news, and if you like the idea of WePress and would like to support us, please donate now !
photo by john endo greenaway
Hi, this is a comment.
To delete a comment, just log in and view the post's comments. There you will have the option to edit or delete them.
Comments are closed.